Motorcycle Safety In Georgia’s Traffic
Traveling Georgia’s busy road’s and highways on a motorcycle can be thrilling, but accidents do happen from time to time. Tom Rowsey is your trustworthy motorcycle injury attorney in Roswell. Thomas C. Rowsey is compassionate and will evaluate your case and guide you through each step of what can be a complex process after your accident. There are things you can do to prevent a motorcycle accident while you’re riding in high traffic areas around Georgia.
- Never make the assumption that people see you.
- The number of distracted drivers seems to be on the rise. Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety’s reports show a slight increase of 3.5% of all drivers reported as being distracted when involved in a fatal crash. People are driving and on cell phones at the same time. Parents are dealing with unhappy children in the back seat, and radio stations are being changed often. Therefore, no matter how much time you put into being highly visible, people don’t see what they never know is there in the first place. Ride your motorcycle with the mindset that you are hidden and avoid blind spots.
- Never get boxed in.
- Always ride with an escape lane available to you if you get in a pinch. This can be challenging, but it’s a good rule of thumb. Attempt to ride next to a bike lane, road-level median, or the right lane closest to the side of the road.
- Do everything you can to be visible.
- Ride with your lights on during the day. Wear colorful clothes and use reflectors to ensure high visibility on our Georgia highways and streets.
- Keep your brakes covered.
- When you’re riding in highly congested areas such as 75, 285 or even busy side roads, you must brake frequently. Your right toe should be hovering over the rear brake pedal and your fingers hovering over or on the brake lever always ready for the stop and go of traffic.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, contact Thomas C. Rowsey so he can review your case and help you determine the best plan of action to assist in recovering your losses.
Posted on behalf of
295 W Crossville Road,
Building 100, Suite 110,
Roswell, GA 30075
Phone: (770) 993-5317
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM